Thursday, December 1, 2011

Where could you be a contribution today?

Recently, I received an email with an amazing story about 10 ducklings and a quick-thinking employee. You may have read a version of this, so I'm attaching the link to the article that Snopes.com posted so you have the facts. http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/amazingduck.asp. As you read it, consider the impact this had on this employee, his coworkers, onlookers, and even people reading the story.

Now, we don't know what this guy's intention was when he went into work, but would you guess that he was thinking something like, "I've got to get my work done, I hate my job, etc."or "I wonder how I could be a contribution and have a great day today?"


I'd bet on the latter. Research in quantum physics is proving that what you think about affects what happens. Dr. Bruce Lipton, the Institute of HeartMath, and other experts are publishing studies on this. 

Do you head into work thinking about all the things on your to do list, the projects you're behind on, the meetings you need to attend, etc.?

What would happen if you walked into the office thinking, "What would it take for me to be a contribution and have a great day today?"

Pay attention and see what happens. It may look different than you think, but I'll bet interesting possibilities will show up.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the great "asking" questions! I'm going to print out this blog and ask the questions and again before I go to sleep.

    You are a "contribution."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make way for ducklings....

    Sounds like a book centered around the Boston Common from my childhood.

    Great story Christine./ Great to hear from you. I was thinking of you just yesterday. Quantum physics has a lot to do with connections, don't you think? (It's how you think about it!)

    Glad you are still doing the good work. Thank you for all your support over the years. Life is very good here in San Diego. I'm going for a promotion position in the NAVFAC organization this week. This is a very good place for me to be.

    Happy Holidays,

    All Happiness to you,

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for doing your work that makes it easier for others.

    ReplyDelete