Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Everyday Practice to Create What You Want

A cool thing happened a week ago. I've been expanding my garden. As I was writing a note to my sister that read, "I want some wood chips to make pathways . . . ", I paused because I heard a chainsaw. Turns out, workers were chopping down a tree 2 doors down (hate to see that happen). But, they had a truck load of wood chips and said I could have them. They left the WHOLE LOAD in our driveway! Jackpot! :) I was thrilled, and that feeling translated into confidence and skill in creating what I want next.


If you want to create work that inspires you, let go of following all the "right" things to do. It doesn't work that way. The key is to focus on what your heart wants and pay attention to synchronicities and/or small steps you can take to move you closer to that. 


Use every day situations to develop your focus and skill. What do you want today? 

Gifts like the wood chips come along all the time if we are open to possibilities and take appropriate action.

No comments:

Post a Comment